Filed under News

Annual eighth grade dance met with excitement

Eighth graders dance at the Kravis Center in the Cohen Pavilion for the eighth grade dance. It was held on May 13, and the theme was “Anchors Away”.

Anushka Lakum

Anushka Lakum

Every year, eighth graders had the chance to travel to the Kravis Center and dance with their friends. This year, the dance was held on May 13, and the theme was “Anchors Away”.

“It was an event that meant more than having fun with your friends. It meant the ending of the school year and the ending of a great three years at Bak,” Isabella Ramirez, eighth grade communications major, said.

There were many components of the dance which made it “unforgettable,” Caleb Harris, eighth grade communications major, said.

“It consisted of a really good food buffet, dancing, music, and photo booths to take pictures with your friends,” Harris said.

Bak’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) founded and hosted the dance, with tickets going for $55 each. Around 300 eighth graders attended the celebration.

“It was great to see all my friends and not worry about anything else,” Zoë Dupont, eighth grade vocal major, said.

“It’s a party for the eighth graders to just have fun,” Hannah Gardner, eighth grade theater major, said.

Many students thought that the dance was a huge success.

“No matter who we hung out with, we all had one thing in common. We all came to celebrate with one another,” Dupont said.

As with all good things, the dance had a few minor flaws that could have been improved.

“I think that they could have played more music instead of repeating some songs, and put on more songs that people knew,” Elizabeth Fenner, eighth grade strings major, said.

Even though there were some things that could have made the dance better, many students thought that the dance was a “night to remember,” Gardner said.

Ramirez said, “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. And I feel that the dance is, and will be forever, one of those memories I can never forget.”

• Annual eighth grade dance met with excitement

Communications majors explore various fields of art area

Annual communication showcase gives audience overview of department

Neil Gorsuch: new robed wonder

Author of Insignia visits Bak

• Editorial/Op-Ed

Communications displays its talent to others

First Lady Melania Trump and China’s first lady visits Bak MSOA

Girls soccer team wins county championship

SECME brings home awards from annual Olympiad competition

Student tour cultural, historic landmarks in China

Girls soccer team wins Northwest Division playoff game against long time rival Jupiter Middle