Filed under News

Bak clinic receives a makeover

Part of the clinic’s new look is white painted doors, stick on letters, and a new blue paint color called heaven on earth. The painting and décor was part of the process for Tommy McCabe’s Eagle Scout project. Katherine McCabe said, “The best part of the makeover was when people came by while we were painting.”

Raquel Korff

Raquel Korff

Bak’s school clinic got a makeover over the summer. The clinic was able to thanks to the McCabe family along with the help of friends.

“The idea was created by my brother Tommy. Tommy had a severe peanut butter allergy and Kim [Lindsey, former school nurse]                                                                                                                                                                                      was his nurse. He was deeply affected by her passing away and wanted to do something nice for her. He thought this would be a good eagle scout project,” Katherine McCabe, seventh grade communications major said.

The clinic’s makeover success took some time.

“The nurses told us that their office needed some help, so we went to check it out. From there we realized how much work needed to be done in order to make their working space more manageable,” Tommy McCabe, Dryfoos student said.

The clinic went under many drastic changes.

“The walls were painted a blue color, and Tommy and Katherine painted the doors and trim of the bathroom white. Also, they added a large medication cabinet with drawers and storage,” Angela Bailey, school nurse said.

The makeover has proven to be beneficial for the nurses. As according to Tommy McCabe, it has “provided Bak nurses with more storage and space.”

The school clinic was renovated into a new environment for the benefit of the school and students.

Katherine McCabe said, “The project made me feel so proud of my brother Tommy. He went to Bak and I know how hard he worked to get this idea into action. Our whole family participated and I feel like we were doing a good deed for Bak.”

• News

2017 Portfolio Newspaper wins NSPA Pacemaker Award for third time

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Former student turned Nascar driver visits Bak

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Medical break through Argus II gives sight to blind

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Kindness Club benefits students as they learn to be nicer

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Entertainment

‘Stranger Things’ reaches expectations in Season 2

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Fall Thriller brings fears to life

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

23 band students earn spot in 2018 All State Band

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Speech and Debate students compete at Nationals

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Editorial/Op-Ed

THINK before you speak

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Hurricane Irma leaves path of destruction

Bak clinic receives a makeover