Filed under News

Bak clinic receives a makeover

Part of the clinic’s new look is white painted doors, stick on letters, and a new blue paint color called heaven on earth. The painting and décor was part of the process for Tommy McCabe’s Eagle Scout project. Katherine McCabe said, “The best part of the makeover was when people came by while we were painting.”

Raquel Korff

Raquel Korff

Bak’s school clinic got a makeover over the summer. The clinic was able to thanks to the McCabe family along with the help of friends.

“The idea was created by my brother Tommy. Tommy had a severe peanut butter allergy and Kim [Lindsey, former school nurse]                                                                                                                                                                                      was his nurse. He was deeply affected by her passing away and wanted to do something nice for her. He thought this would be a good eagle scout project,” Katherine McCabe, seventh grade communications major said.

The clinic’s makeover success took some time.

“The nurses told us that their office needed some help, so we went to check it out. From there we realized how much work needed to be done in order to make their working space more manageable,” Tommy McCabe, Dryfoos student said.

The clinic went under many drastic changes.

“The walls were painted a blue color, and Tommy and Katherine painted the doors and trim of the bathroom white. Also, they added a large medication cabinet with drawers and storage,” Angela Bailey, school nurse said.

The makeover has proven to be beneficial for the nurses. As according to Tommy McCabe, it has “provided Bak nurses with more storage and space.”

The school clinic was renovated into a new environment for the benefit of the school and students.

Katherine McCabe said, “The project made me feel so proud of my brother Tommy. He went to Bak and I know how hard he worked to get this idea into action. Our whole family participated and I feel like we were doing a good deed for Bak.”

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Sunfest brings people together during performances

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Bak student stars in new TV show

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Editorial/Op-Ed

Little acts have big impacts on environment

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Editorial/Op-Ed

If you see something, say something

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

• Bak clinic receives a makeover

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish

Bak clinic receives a makeover