Filed under News

Annual Showcase of Schools provides important information about choice programs in Palm Beach County

South Florida fairgrounds held the annual Showcase of Schools on Oct. 17.

“The parents find out information to help their children audition for Bak,” Lee Glaze, magnet coordinator, said.

The showcase of schools was an annual event for parents and their children to view over 300 programs and schools available in the county, along with career academy programs.

“I go to give parents and students information about trying out for Bak and I tell information to everyone Glaze said.

Many students and parents benefited from this event.

“I went so I could learn about all the different schools and programs. I went to look at Jupiter High. I thought it was very interesting, I want to go there,” Tysen Humble, eighth grade communications major said.

The applications to apply for choice schools were available on Nov. 1. All the art school applications are due on Dec. 1, 2017.

“I learned that there are more schools that offer different kinds of things,” Alyssa Gonzalez, eighth grade visual major said.

According to www.southfloridafair.com, the event featured Choice and Career Academy programs available throughout the School District of Palm Beach County. Representatives from the schools were available to discuss the educational opportunities offered by the district.

“It is better to hear the information first hand than second hand, because people might have heard something different that they were supposed to,” Glaze said. “It’s better to hear from the donkey than the mules.”

• Annual Showcase of Schools provides important information about choice programs in Palm Beach County

Sunfest brings people together during performances

Bak student stars in new TV show

Editorial/Op-Ed

Little acts have big impacts on environment

Editorial/Op-Ed

If you see something, say something

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish