Filed under News

Winter pep rally surprises students

Adrian

Adrian "Addie" Wrona, eighth grade vocal major, gasps as she walks to the center of the gym for the Bottle Flip relay. The game challenged students to flip water bottle onto a desk as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Sophia Roberts

Sophia Roberts

Finishing off Spirit Week, the Winter Pep Rally took place on Dec. 22, 2017. The event was full of games and surprises.

“The Pep Rally makes me feel proud to be a part of Bak,” Olivia Arnold, eighth grade communications major and SGA Senator, said. “It brings all the students together.”

Chosen students participated in games to win points for their grade level. The games included the Bottle Flip Relay, Antlers Ring Toss, and the Reindeer Relay.

“I liked how the grade levels were able to send representatives to play the games instead of just the teachers playing the games,” Maya Gary, sixth grade theater major, said.

Teachers were also chosen to represent their grade level in each game.

“I never get to see the teachers’ true personalities,” Arnold said, “but the Pep Rally really gives you a chance to see your teachers from a different perspective.”

The Winter Pep Rally also had many performances. Bak’s Cheer and Step teams showcased their hard work and talent to their peers.

“I felt that both our Step and Cheer teams did really well, and it was fun to watch their amazing performances,” Gary said.
After many games and constant cheering, sixth and seventh grade were tied for the win. A game of Simon Says broke the tie and sixth grade became the winners of the Winter Pep Rally.

“I was extremely happy that sixth grade won because it felt like we were good at something and we weren’t just the babies at school,” Gary said. “However, I do feel really bad for the eighth graders, because they didn’t win and it is their last year to win it.”

The Winter Pep Rally was a school tradition that many students looked forward to. The 2017 Pep Rally however, shocked many students and teachers.

“I was really happy with the outcome of the Pep Rally,” Sobhita Singh, sixth grade vocal major, said. “My sister [Sunaina Singh, eighth grader] goes here and never expected sixth grade to win. She was very upset, not because eighth grade lost, but because it was her last year to win.”

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Sunfest brings people together during performances

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Bak student stars in new TV show

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Editorial/Op-Ed

Little acts have big impacts on environment

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Editorial/Op-Ed

If you see something, say something

• Winter pep rally surprises students

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

• Winter pep rally surprises students

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish

Winter pep rally surprises students