Filed under News

Winter pep rally surprises students

Adrian

Adrian "Addie" Wrona, eighth grade vocal major, gasps as she walks to the center of the gym for the Bottle Flip relay. The game challenged students to flip water bottle onto a desk as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Sophia Roberts

Sophia Roberts

Finishing off Spirit Week, the Winter Pep Rally took place on Dec. 22, 2017. The event was full of games and surprises.

“The Pep Rally makes me feel proud to be a part of Bak,” Olivia Arnold, eighth grade communications major and SGA Senator, said. “It brings all the students together.”

Chosen students participated in games to win points for their grade level. The games included the Bottle Flip Relay, Antlers Ring Toss, and the Reindeer Relay.

“I liked how the grade levels were able to send representatives to play the games instead of just the teachers playing the games,” Maya Gary, sixth grade theater major, said.

Teachers were also chosen to represent their grade level in each game.

“I never get to see the teachers’ true personalities,” Arnold said, “but the Pep Rally really gives you a chance to see your teachers from a different perspective.”

The Winter Pep Rally also had many performances. Bak’s Cheer and Step teams showcased their hard work and talent to their peers.

“I felt that both our Step and Cheer teams did really well, and it was fun to watch their amazing performances,” Gary said.
After many games and constant cheering, sixth and seventh grade were tied for the win. A game of Simon Says broke the tie and sixth grade became the winners of the Winter Pep Rally.

“I was extremely happy that sixth grade won because it felt like we were good at something and we weren’t just the babies at school,” Gary said. “However, I do feel really bad for the eighth graders, because they didn’t win and it is their last year to win it.”

The Winter Pep Rally was a school tradition that many students looked forward to. The 2017 Pep Rally however, shocked many students and teachers.

“I was really happy with the outcome of the Pep Rally,” Sobhita Singh, sixth grade vocal major, said. “My sister [Sunaina Singh, eighth grader] goes here and never expected sixth grade to win. She was very upset, not because eighth grade lost, but because it was her last year to win.”

• Winter pep rally surprises students

It is up to Congress to keep the web free

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

• Winter pep rally surprises students

FCC repeals net neutrality

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Editorial/Op-Ed

Vaping is harmful for adolescents

• News

2017 Portfolio Newspaper wins NSPA Pacemaker Award for third time

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Former student turned Nascar driver visits Bak

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Medical break through Argus II gives sight to blind

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Kindness Club benefits students as they learn to be nicer

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Entertainment

‘Stranger Things’ reaches expectations in Season 2

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Fall Thriller brings fears to life

Winter pep rally surprises students