Filed under News

Winter pep rally surprises students

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter pep rally surprises students

Adrian

Adrian "Addie" Wrona, eighth grade vocal major, gasps as she walks to the center of the gym for the Bottle Flip relay. The game challenged students to flip water bottle onto a desk as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Sophia Roberts

Sophia Roberts

Sophia Roberts

Finishing off Spirit Week, the Winter Pep Rally took place on Dec. 22, 2017. The event was full of games and surprises.

“The Pep Rally makes me feel proud to be a part of Bak,” Olivia Arnold, eighth grade communications major and SGA Senator, said. “It brings all the students together.”

Chosen students participated in games to win points for their grade level. The games included the Bottle Flip Relay, Antlers Ring Toss, and the Reindeer Relay.

“I liked how the grade levels were able to send representatives to play the games instead of just the teachers playing the games,” Maya Gary, sixth grade theater major, said.

Teachers were also chosen to represent their grade level in each game.

“I never get to see the teachers’ true personalities,” Arnold said, “but the Pep Rally really gives you a chance to see your teachers from a different perspective.”

The Winter Pep Rally also had many performances. Bak’s Cheer and Step teams showcased their hard work and talent to their peers.

“I felt that both our Step and Cheer teams did really well, and it was fun to watch their amazing performances,” Gary said.
After many games and constant cheering, sixth and seventh grade were tied for the win. A game of Simon Says broke the tie and sixth grade became the winners of the Winter Pep Rally.

“I was extremely happy that sixth grade won because it felt like we were good at something and we weren’t just the babies at school,” Gary said. “However, I do feel really bad for the eighth graders, because they didn’t win and it is their last year to win it.”

The Winter Pep Rally was a school tradition that many students looked forward to. The 2017 Pep Rally however, shocked many students and teachers.

“I was really happy with the outcome of the Pep Rally,” Sobhita Singh, sixth grade vocal major, said. “My sister [Sunaina Singh, eighth grader] goes here and never expected sixth grade to win. She was very upset, not because eighth grade lost, but because it was her last year to win.”

• Entertainment

Starbucks has many interesting secret drinks

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Fletch’s fall festival brings clubs together

• Winter pep rally surprises students

New year, new staff: Bak welcomes many new staff members

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Speech and debate team recognized for national award

• Winter pep rally surprises students

General Elections

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Sixth to eighth grade transfer

• Winter pep rally surprises students

New technology allows people to spend their vacation in orbit

• Winter pep rally surprises students

Communications majors explore various fields of art area

• Editorial/Op-Ed

Communications displays its talent to others

• Winter pep rally surprises students

First Lady Melania Trump and China’s first lady visits Bak MSOA

Winter pep rally surprises students