Filed under Arts & Academics

Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

President Donald Trump waves to supporters from his motorcade traveling to Mar-a-Lago from Trump International Golf Club, on Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017, in West Palm Beach, Fla. Trump was not at the event.

Photo Courtesy of Greg Lovett/TNS

Photo Courtesy of Greg Lovett/TNS

Standing in front of the Trump International Golf Club, chorale students sang holiday carols on Christmas Eve.

“My favorite part about concerts is that I am able to share my love and dedication to music with the audience and showcase our talents. The carols were such beautiful pieces both lyrically and melodically, and the songs inspire me,” Kayla Esther Zakarin, eighth grade vocal major, said.

The performance was at the entrance of the Trump Christmas Eve Party, and people listened to the students sing as they walked by, unlike previous concerts where there was a direct audience.

“I enjoy watching student’s hard work pay off. Performing outside of the classroom helps make their art better because the more practice students can receive, the better they get,” Constance Drosakis, vocal teacher, said.

Chorale learned the music by being tested on it by memory, then making it musical by playing around with dynamics.

“We were tested on the music in a holiday packet, a few carols at a time. We worked on each piece a ton before each performance, critiquing almost everything,” Shea O’Donoghue, seventh grade vocal major, said.

Concerts “with Bak are not difficult” Zakarin said.

“We prepare very well and the only thing left to chance is how we sound. You never really know how you will sound at the performance until you are on stage,” Zakarin said.

Zakarin said that “overall, it was definitely a new experience, and it was a nice way to welcome them into the holiday.”

“Singing at the Trump International Golf Course made me feel extremely important,” Zakarin said. “It was truly an amazing feeling to make so many people smile when they walked in.”

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Eighth grade quartet, piano majors performs at Kravis Center

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Super Blue Blood Moon, lunar eclipse amazes all across the world

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Students experience Busch Gardens science side

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

It is up to Congress to keep the web free

Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club