Filed under Arts & Academics

Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

President Donald Trump waves to supporters from his motorcade traveling to Mar-a-Lago from Trump International Golf Club, on Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017, in West Palm Beach, Fla. Trump was not at the event.

Photo Courtesy of Greg Lovett/TNS

Photo Courtesy of Greg Lovett/TNS

Standing in front of the Trump International Golf Club, chorale students sang holiday carols on Christmas Eve.

“My favorite part about concerts is that I am able to share my love and dedication to music with the audience and showcase our talents. The carols were such beautiful pieces both lyrically and melodically, and the songs inspire me,” Kayla Esther Zakarin, eighth grade vocal major, said.

The performance was at the entrance of the Trump Christmas Eve Party, and people listened to the students sing as they walked by, unlike previous concerts where there was a direct audience.

“I enjoy watching student’s hard work pay off. Performing outside of the classroom helps make their art better because the more practice students can receive, the better they get,” Constance Drosakis, vocal teacher, said.

Chorale learned the music by being tested on it by memory, then making it musical by playing around with dynamics.

“We were tested on the music in a holiday packet, a few carols at a time. We worked on each piece a ton before each performance, critiquing almost everything,” Shea O’Donoghue, seventh grade vocal major, said.

Concerts “with Bak are not difficult” Zakarin said.

“We prepare very well and the only thing left to chance is how we sound. You never really know how you will sound at the performance until you are on stage,” Zakarin said.

Zakarin said that “overall, it was definitely a new experience, and it was a nice way to welcome them into the holiday.”

“Singing at the Trump International Golf Course made me feel extremely important,” Zakarin said. “It was truly an amazing feeling to make so many people smile when they walked in.”

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Fletch’s fall festival brings clubs together

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

New year, new staff: Bak welcomes many new staff members

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Speech and debate team recognized for national award

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

General Elections

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Sixth to eighth grade transfer

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

New technology allows people to spend their vacation in orbit

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Communications majors explore various fields of art area

• Editorial/Op-Ed

Communications displays its talent to others

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

First Lady Melania Trump and China’s first lady visits Bak MSOA

• Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club

Girls soccer team wins county championship

Chorale performs at Trump Golf Club