Filed under Technology

LeEco introduces new smart bike

The LeEco smart bike features an app that allows riders to log their bike rides and share them with other users. The bike also gave riders the ability track their performance and fitness goals.The LeEco smart bike features an app that allows riders to log their bike rides and share them with other users. The bike also gave riders the ability track their performance and fitness goals.

Photo Courtesy of Josh Miller/CNET

Photo Courtesy of Josh Miller/CNET

LeEco, a tech China based company, debuted their new smart bike at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. It was originally planned for release during the second quarter of the year, but the company only has a prototype of the vehicle as of now.

According to the CBS Interactive brand cnet.com, there are two versions of the product, a road and mountain bike. Both feature a four inch touch screen that runs a Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. The road bike is more lightweight, carrying 18.5 pounds, while the mountain bike is 26.9 pounds.  The touchscreen features on screen directions, turn by turn navigation system for bicyclists, playable music on and offline, a compass, barometer, and speedometer. The bike can also track people’s distance travelled, route and speed.

According to engadget.com, the bike had lasers that shoot out of the end of the bikes handlebars as a safety feature. Additionally, the bike had a walkie talkie communication system that allowed other owners of the bike to communicate with one another.

There are plenty of smart watches and mobile apps for a healthy lifestyle. Even though there is no confirmed price nor release date, soon there might be a new option which focuses on the cycling enthusiast.

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Star singer Juliana DeFeo aspires to be performer

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Editorial/Op-Ed

Little acts have big impacts on environment

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Editorial/Op-Ed

If you see something, say something

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish

• LeEco introduces new smart bike

Eighth grade quartet, piano majors performs at Kravis Center

LeEco introduces new smart bike