Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Benjamin Arlosoroff. seventh grade defender, throws the ball to Joshua Kitaigorod, seventh grade midfielder, so they can score a goal. The Bak Stars lost to Independence on Nov. 27 with a score of 4-0.

Snehith Enjem

Snehith Enjem

The Bak Stars ended their season with a record of 3-6. They grew together as a team and improved throughout the season.

“The opponent was good at getting the ball at the right moment and being aggressive when they had possession of it,” Joshua Kitaigorod, center midfield, said.

The Stars kicked their season off with a game at Jupiter Middle on Nov. 15. The final score of the game was 2-1, Jupiter coming out on top.

“Our soccer team needs to improve on teamwork and communication when we have possession of the ball in the games,” Lauren Goepfert, coach, said.

The match against Jupiter was a close one. The Stars made the first goal of the game. They had trouble in scoring last year, Kitaigorod said.

“In the first game, I crossed it to Benjamin Shainman and he scored the goal for our team,” Matthew Galardi, left midfield, said.

But in the second half of the game, their defense let up and allowed Jupiter to start scoring. At the end, Jupiter edged past the Stars and took the win.

“We need to work on showing to the ball and being aggressive. We also have to pass and clear the ball when it is on our side,” Kitaigorod said.

The second game of the season was Independence Middle at Bak on Nov. 27. The Stars lost, being shut out 4-0.

“Independence had good attacking elements when they were on offense such as crossing the ball and scoring,” Galardi said.

The score would have been 5-0, but James Walter, goalie, saved a penalty shot from the other team.

“The highlight of the second game was when James saved the penalty shot. They are really hard to stop,” Kitaigorod said.

Goepfert said she needed the players to work on more passing drills and team bonding at practices.

“We’re progressing in practice and we’re learning how to move the ball as a team. We target our weaknesses,” Galardi said.

The Stars lost against Duncan Middle twice, 6-0 and 6-1. They also hammered Watkins 6-1 and 5-0, beat Jupiter 3-1, and lost to Independence 6-1. The last game was JFK Middle at Bak with the score being 8-0. Even though the Stars were 3-6, Goepfert had hoped that the team would show up well at the end.

“We are in one of the strongest conferences in Palm Beach County,” Goepfert said. “Each game was a battle.”

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Star singer Juliana DeFeo aspires to be performer

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Editorial/Op-Ed

Little acts have big impacts on environment

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Editorial/Op-Ed

If you see something, say something

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

SpaceX makes history in monumental launch

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Bak students take home half of math competition awards at county level

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

‘Stroke of Genius’ fundraiser event allows Bak MSOA students to showcase talents

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Students dive deeper into their learning with dissections

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Brightline launches its first trains, hopes to expand

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Eagles win first super bowl 41-33 after heart stopping finish

• Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record

Eighth grade quartet, piano majors performs at Kravis Center

Boys Soccer finishes with 3-6 record