Filed under News, Showcase

General Elections

This November, the General Election will take place and Florida citizens will line up to vote on the ballot, which will include a new Governor, Senate seats, and a referendum.

The Race for Florida Governor included many contenders, but after the Primary Election, two candidates were singled out. The Republican candidate, Ron DeSantis, was endorsed by President Donald Trump and was apart of the U.S. Navy.

Democratic candidate Andrew Gillum was apart of the Tallahassee City Commission and has been the current mayor of Tallahassee since 2014.

According to the New York Times, DeSantis won with 56.5 percent of the Republican vote and Gillum won with 34.3 percent of the Democratic vote.

As for the U.S. Senate, current Senior Senator Bill Nelson was running for re-election as the Democratic candidate against Governor Rick Scott, the Republican candidate.

The nominees that are competing for a position in office will be decided on during the General Election, as well as a referendum that would affect Palm Beach County schools

The School District of Palm Beach County proposed the referendum, which would benefit all of the schools included in the district.

The referendum would specifically continue to fund over 650 art, music, physical education (P.E.), choice and career, and health education teachers.

It would also provide additional funding to hire more police officers, purchase safety equipment, add mental health professionals and counselors to schools, and improve pay for experienced teachers.

If the referendum is passed, the funds will continue to support the salaries of 11 teachers of the arts at Bak MSOA. The money for the referendum would be through a property tax.

The General Election will determine Florida’s new governor, senators, and a decision on the referendum, a day set in history.

• News

Arming teachers in classrooms

• Entertainment

Blaze pizza sweeps the market

• General Elections

Entertainment

DIY Paper Garland Spring Edition

• General Elections

Entertainment

Gelato Grotto provides a variety of flavors to get you through the spring season.

• General Elections

Bak Photo Gallery

PHOTOS: Bak’s Green Team reinvigorates beautification efforts

• General Elections

Bak Photo Gallery

Best peppermint-flavored foods for all holiday snackers

• General Elections

Entertainment

Starbucks has many interesting secret drinks

• General Elections

Fletch’s fall festival brings clubs together

• General Elections

Advanced radio teaches students diverse skills

• General Elections

New year, new staff: Bak welcomes many new staff members

General Elections