Bullying needs to stop, students need to step up

Joshua Trump, a Delaware boy bullied for his last name, attends President Trump’s State of the Union address as a special guest on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019. (Olivier Douliery/Abaca Press/TNS)

It is very common nowadays that people spot someone bawling their eyes out in the bathroom, or someone failing to try to hold in their tears that are desperate to start flowing out like a waterfall. It only takes one human being to cause all of this, and it is a bully.

This is horrible, because bullying is bad and needs to be stopped before it gets out of control. Oh wait, it already has. If students have not already noticed, then they need to wake up, sleepy heads!

One major reason why bullying is awful and should be stopped as soon as possible is because bullying ruins peoples’ days. Bullying makes people feel bad about themselves and feel insecure. In return, they feel down for the rest of their day. It is surprising how all it takes is one person to bring on these events.

Another reason why bullying should cease is because it adds unnecessary conflict and stress to the lives of people who get bullied. Bullying can be avoided and stopped in many ways which makes it so unnecessary.

The last reason why bullying is terrible and needs to be put to an end is because it takes only one individual to cause a whole domino effect. For instance, if a person bullies someone, then that person who got bullied will get outraged and insecure, which will lead to that person bullying another person, then that person will bully another person, and so on.

Some people believe that bullying happens for a reason. Bullies get insecure so they take out their frustrations on others, which makes it okay. It is time for a reality check because there is no excuse for why bullying is acceptable. Bullies should not take out their anger and frustration on innocent kids, teens, and others just because they are mad.

People of all ages are affected by bullying, but mainly kids and teens in school. Kids and teens in school are affected the most because they are the ones getting their feelings hurt from getting bullied.

There are several solutions to stop bullying. For example, students can stand up to bullies. According to the website stompoutbullying.com, if students feel safe and comfortable, they can tell the bully that what they are doing is mean and wrong, but they should be careful not to bully them back.

If students do not want to stand up to the bully, there is one more solution. They can always tell an adult. The website stompoutbullying.com says to not be afraid to tell an adult. Telling isn’t tattling, because telling helps someone.